Monday, November 06, 2006

Well, I thought my foot was feeling better. But a trip to Starbucks proved me wrong.

I discovered the joy that is French and German hip-hop today. I went on Wikipedia to get some artist name and then typed in those names in Youtube. Result: happiness.

Today's the last day I work the evening shift. Well I go back to normal tomorrow. Then Wednesday I have a dentist appointment, the first one in several years, actually. The podiatrist sees me on the 16th, although I suspect if I just overused my foot, he'll take a look and see nothing wrong. It can't hurt.

I think I'll vote for Mike McMenamin (R) for the County Board. The Board has been dominated by Democrats for too long -- kinda like how Capital Hill has had Republicans for too long. I'll probably vote for Cecelia Espenoza for the School Board, too, on little more than the Washington Post's endorsement. The school bond issue seems to have somewhat of a legitimate opposition -- Wakefield High is in as bad shape as Yorktown is, but Yorktown gets rebuilt and Wakefield might get rebuilt by the time Rebecca and I send our kids there. But even the Arlington County Taxpayers Association didn't have any goods on the other bonds. So I'll vote no on the school bond and yes on the other four.

No comments: