Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Well, the VHSL state Q's are ready to go off to the editors. I placed an ad for editors on hsquizbowl.org. I hope someone answers it; the questions need feedback from people who are very good subject matter experts.

The bathroom upstairs is torn to pieces. I should go and take a picture of that, but getting to my camera will require climbing over so much stuff from the baby shower Sunday. Putting that stuff away is more difficulty since Melanie's future room is now full of stuff for the bathroom remodeling. At least I have a toilet and sink down here that I can use. I hope Melanie's future bedroom will be ready by Friday; Jennifer and I will be going through the numerous books and carting them off to Samuels or Shenandoah Public Library. If not then, well, it'll be at some point.

I'm told the work will be done Friday afteroon. I'm guessing tomorrow is when the drywall and floor tiling will be put in, then I suppose the shower tiles get put in place. By that point, it'll probably be 5 or 6pm, since the drywall has to well, dry. Apparently there's some fiberglass-based drywall that gets put in bathrooms these days. Hopefully it's not designed to break down in 5 years. Wednesday, I guess the bathtub, toilet and vanity get put in place, and Thursday, I guess the painting gets done if it hasn't been done already on Wednesday. Then I look around the joint and ask them to do a few random odds and ends, and they clean up after themselves.

I then have a remodeled bathroom, which I suppose counts for a couple grand in the house price. Then, Rebecca and I will chose to (1) do nothing, (2) put a second full bathroom in the basement, (3) remodel the kitchen/dining room area or (4) expand the den. Of course Melanie stuff has to take precedence, but I can see myself doing one of the latter three by the end of 2008.

Needless to say, I worked from home today. I figure I can get in some basic hygiene in tomorrow morning, and then try my luck with going into work. I might take a cab as it's supposed to be very cold. Brr.

God is certainly blessing me with each day I am here. My daughter is fast approaching, and I feel more and more ready with every day. There will be several surprises, but I hope and pray that I can handle them all. Then, after several months, we'll have to decide whether we want to have more kids!

No comments: