Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Well, trying to get over a cold right now. I'll be heading to work but I'll be taking Blue Top to and from work -- I don't know if I can handle the mile of walking through the dusty air that usually hasn't given me a problem.

In investment land today, we found out this week that Warren Buffett sold his silver. To think that silver has gone from $7-8 an ounce to $14 (!) an ounce -- while Buffett was presumably unloading his silver -- over the past year is astounding. I will sink a few grand into SLV, the new silver ETF, if the price dips below $13.50 again.

I am still at a loss on USO (the oil ETF) and have made a bit more with GLD, now that gold is touching $700 an ounce. I will unload my physical if I can get enough money to pay off my mortgage. Otherwise, why sell now?

I got to cover my GM short at a loss today -- $26. Ugh. That stunk to high heaven. Still long ACAS, FBR, GLD, GOOD, KMP, USO and WRE. I have moderate stop losses on those, and am sitting on a decent gain with GLD (8-10%), GOOD (15%) and WRE (30%) , and a moderate loss on ACAS, KMP and USO (in the range of 4-6% on each of them.)

FNM is also rolling. One of these days they will release an earnings report. I'll post a song I modified in my next post.

No comments: