Monday, November 13, 2006

Well, as you might have noticed, my spam counting project has ended prematurely. It was simply taking too much time out of my day, really -- who wants to devote 20 minutes a day to reading spam when there's Scholastic Bowl questions to be written and work to be done at my work?

This weekend was pretty chock full of my regular work -- I ended up spending 13 hours working on servers on Saturday into Sunday (6pm to 7am) and then another 6 tracking down a pesky problem with a private database network. The former ended up with me restoring a 20gb file system in about an hour (I love the new backup system) and the latter ended up with me tracking down the issue to a faulty GBIC fibre-to-copper adapter on the private network's switch. I got a lot of help on this one from the weekend shift lead. I imagine the non-technical among my eight readers are now bored to tears on this one. And, for good reason.

No comments: