Friday, September 05, 2008

I didn't get to listen to McCain's or Obama's acceptance speeches -- Melanie was sick for Obama's speech and getting her to sleep was a delicate operation that we didn't want to reverse. Last night, she started to fuss when the crowds really started to cheer (either that or she is a Democrat). So, I wasn't able to listen to McCain's speech.

Hanna is headed our way (sort of) and I am in the midst of getting the generator installed.

I donated $30 to the Obama campaign. In 2004, I donated some to the Kerry campaign and to the DNC. In 2005 (I think), I donated to my (Republican) cousin running for Board of Supervisors back home.

One of these days, I will learn how to add links and make this blog all purty. Right now, it's time to post regularly. I might start adding hyperlinks to my points, but if any reader is confused or doubts my assertions, just make a comment.

The Palin scandal tap seems to have moderated, but the Republicans are hiding her from just about any situation that cannot be controlled. Smart move. However, the media will continue to vet Palin for us, and Independents and some moderate Republicans may not like what comes out.

The Palin positive potential has already occurred (the base is solidified and women who will support the Sisterhood have coem on board.) I think most of the other Hillary supporters will come on board for Obama, as Palin's initial conciliatory gestures she made in the first 48 hours were booed by the base.

With Palin 100% under lock and key, it will be impossible for anyone to start being impressed with her (as if people vote based on a VP choice, anyway) and either (1) she will be innocent of the various scandals or (2) one of the scandals will really come up and bite her. With the first, there's no plus, and with the second, there is potential for downside, ranging from mild to pretty bad (worst case scenario, Troopergate report reveals hitherto unknown dirt, one other scandal to be named later erupts, and Stevens is found guilty.)

I've heard the Enquirer is digging into the Palin family dirt. Some of it is tabloid fodder. However, if the Enquirer has some evidence about Palin herself having an affair in the past 8-10 years, this might be interesting. For, as you know, character counts and all that.

No comments: