Monday, January 15, 2007

Well, it's MLK day. We set up the pack n' play in the living room and I have to move a few things around. I finally finished the Rock Bridge tournament but I should go through and check for repeats, which will take a while.

We interviewed a nanny yesterday. Maria seemed very conscientious, thoughtful, etc. The only problem might be that her English is moderate, but her current employer said it was improving. So, I've told Rebecca we should hire her, at least for three months while we see how it goes.

Home improvement continues, we have a pile of stuff to go through in the basement adult room and I'm going to call a handyman to replace the Windowsill of the Rotting Wood ASAP. Then the replacement of the carpet made of dog hair (I'm sure it was made of something else once) will follow. In other words, a laundry list of the things I wanted to do but was too lazy/cheap to do.

Today I'm getting a DVD of ultrasound pictures that I'll post up here if I am smart enough to do that and will also pick up some hangers. We'll need to get some new wardrobes and the such, too, in the next few months. The sort of thing that is meant to be a Family Heirloom as opposed to Twentysomethings That Can't Afford Anything Else (which we were when we got most of this stuff.)

Well, I'm signing off as I sit on hold at the handyman's office. Case will be expensive but I can be assured that they will actually do the work as opposed to simply not returning my calls.

No comments: