Thursday, January 18, 2007

Well -- we have a promising lead on an in home daycare in South Arlington. We will be visiting it before too long, hopefully tomorrow.

However the big news is that we will have to get our bathroom redone due to mold. We had been talking about putting a full bathroom downstairs but now it is time to do it. Once that's done we'll be able to totally renovate the bathroom upstairs. Right now we're getting estimates -- we've called some companies in Northern Virginia and I'm asking some of the Scholastic Bowl folks from outside the area if they know anyone. If some guy from the Northern Neck is able to come up and do the work for half the price of the local folks, then I'm all for it.

When we renovated the house before moving in the estimates ranged from about $12,000 to over $25,000. We took the lowest estimate after he provided a six month warranty. I was going to try and call the folks that did those remodelings but they seem to have gone out of business.

One of these days I'm going to have to organize the Scholastic Bowl questions for state into matches. I won't be able to do any more tournaments but I think Jason Mueller might be able to oversee writing of tournaments. Plus we have 8 full Missouri-format matches, 150 short tossups, 50 pyramidal tossup and 50 bonuses sitting around.

I need to fill out the 1099-MISC forms I have lying around. This will require me to do a bit of research. Of course there's the Mystery Box of stuff I have yet to unpack in the basement study room as well. Lots of things to do. I think tonight I'll be able to unpack the Mystery Box. Wish me luck!

No comments: