Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Well, today we offered the nanny job to Maria -- I think she has to check with the folks who are employing her currently. So we're keeping our ears to the ground until a contract and a start date is agreed on.

I'm still conflicted whether I should want Rebecca to stay home. Right now, she wants to go back to work, but she seems to change her mind on this every day or so. Given that she will get most of the criticism, and do most of the work, no matter what decision she makes, I figure the decision ought to be hers to make -- as long as having a nanny or day care doesn't end up being a giant money loser for us.

I finished up the Rock Bridge tournament this morning and got the questions off to them.

Posted twice on a Fark thread where they discussed labor -- it seems off to me to discuss supply and demand for labor when we're talking about actual human lives here. But then again, the Market is like any other human institution -- it is capable of taking a life of its own and becoming the master instead of the servant.

Work wasn't so bad. I started off like I was going through molasses, but by the end I had gotten pretty productive.

And that is another day in the life of a father to be.

No comments: